Holiday Party Dress Etiquette - Tips from Fashion Designer Erin Healy
Designer Erin Healy offers a few tips to help you decide upon the perfect attire for your holiday parties...
- Black Tie / Formal: Think "Old Hollywood glamour." A floor-length gown with a classic cut paired with either a dramatic necklace or dangling earrings is perfect.
- Cocktail / Semiformal / After-Five: This calls for an elegant party dress paired with gorgeous pair of heels. An LBD or a jewel-toned number in a rich fabric works beautifully.
- Festive: Go bold but sophisticated. A vibrant dress or set of separates accessorized with statement pieces such as a bib necklace, a sparkly clutch and dramatic pumps or boots is a safe bet.
- Business Attire: Take a cue from Jackie O, donning something that you might wear to an important meeting or interview. Go with simple lines - a sheath, A-line or pencil dress or a classic suit. But don't be afraid to glam it up a little with a rich fabric or sparkly jewelry.
- Casual Chic: This is perfect chance to dress up your dressed-down look with nice jeans, a couture blouse and a pair of glamorous heels.
Erin Healy Designs wishes you a safe, happy and fashionable holiday season!